Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Upcoming Jewelry Party!

I have my first ever jewelry party this Friday!! I'm excited... and beyond nervous. I'm actually kinda terrified. There's about 20 guests total being invited, and only 1 person has said that yes, they are coming. 6 people have said it's possible they'll show up. There's quite a few others that haven't responded to the invitations yet, so I'm hoping we get at least 4 or 5 more definite yeses.
Since I've never done this before, I'm definitely stressing. I had panic attacks all day on Sunday. It was quite ridiculous. I had a few yesterday, but today I think I've only had one or two because I did something I love doing and that is:
Planning Ahead.
Last night I took out all my jewelry and the things I've accumulated for my display and set it all out on the table. I went through and laid out how I wanted to organize it, setting out the jewelry I wanted to display and the things I wanted to display it on. When I first started, I had too much jewelry on the table and only 2 different heights in my display. I took away a lot of jewelry from one collection and added more jewelry from another. I edited my displays so that instead of calling attention to themselves like they were doing, they enhanced the jewelry. I created the displays I needed using fabric and cardboard, and I set everything out a second time. This time it looked soo much better. I was up until 1 in the morning doing all this, and I was soo thankful that I hadn't waited till Wednesday or Thursday to do this.
Planning ahead and getting prepared is amazing. My stress level is way down, and since I'm going thrifting today, I know exactly what I need to look for and I'm not stressing and thinking that I don't have what I need. I still have a lot of work to do, but now that my display has been thought out, planned out, and created, I'm not stressed over everything else I need to get done. Now all I need to stress about is the actual party, not the party prep. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment