Friday, October 30, 2009

Halloween Party Tunes

I picked my top 10 favorite Halloween party tunes ever to conclude this week's countdown to Halloween. These are in a particular order!

10. Higher and Higher - Howard Huntsberry - This is the song from the second Ghostbusters, when they were enlisting the help of the Statue of Liberty to break through the 'jello mold' (and it's such an awesome scene!). Great song that's so much fun to dance too.
9. I Put A Spell On You - Bette Midler's version from Hocus Pocus - Sung by the worst witch this world has ever scene, Winnifred Sanderson. Perfect for a spooky Halloween party.
8. Ready To Die - Andrew W.K. - This song is full of energy and spunk, like all of Andrew W.K.'s music, but the theme of this one is perfect to liven up a rather dead Halloween bash.
7. Flying Purple People Eater - Alvin and the Chipmunks - I love the whole premise behind this song, but I just don't like the original. So Alvin and the Chipmunks came to my rescue and provided me with a version that I can actually listen to. :)
6. Thriller - Michael Jackson - The recently deceased pop legend really knew who to do it right. This song has been a Halloween party staple since it's release in 1984. Dancing zombies and Vincent Price? Amazing.
5. Greatest Show Unearthed - Creature Feature - A song about a spooky, unearthly carnival? How is this not amazing?
4. A Gorey Demise - Creature Feature - I was torn between which was better, Greatest Show Unearthed or A Gorey Demise, and this one won. A mix of Edward Gorey, Creature Feature, and Halloween? Yeah, this one definitely won.
3. Beetlejuice Main Theme - Danny Elfman - The best movie about ghosts and poltergeists I've ever seen. I'm so jealous of Lydia's wardrobe!
2. Monster Mash - The Misfits - This is like running through a punked out graveyard dancing under a full moon. I listenend to many versions of this song, and The Misfits did it best.
1. This is Halloween - Danny Elfman - The most memorable song from the greatest Halloween movie ever made. This wins 1st place hands down. Even if you aren't having a Halloween party, you can still curl up on the couch under a big black blanket, enjoying some hot chocolate and taking in the eye candy of Nightmare Before Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment